Email marketing and hair salons have, until now, never really mixed.
Who has the time to sit down, work out what you’re going to send, and then write it, find the images, build it, and then send it out?
Plus, what can salons say in emails? Giving percentage off to your best customers is just giving money away and how often do you really have news that they’re going to find exciting?
Then there’s Instagram. With Instagram, you can really quickly and really easily show off your best creations, and drop some news in here and there. The problem? Instagram shows any given post to about 20% of your followers. You can pay to get it shown to more, but the costs really add up.
As a salon, you need to;
- Keep in touch with your customers
- Upgrade your current customers to colors and other treatments
- Inspire lapsed customers to rebook with you
- Do all of the above in a way that’s cheap and can be done in a gap between appointments.
Here’s where Ampjar comes in.
Ampjar automatically builds emails for you using your most popular Instagram content.
Because the content you’re sharing on Instagram is often shots of the best styles that your team have created, the emails become a collection of the highlights of what has come out of your salon.
So every week or two, your customers and ex-customers get an email that is a collection of these highlights.
Postie works so well for a few reasons:
- Your customers love getting your emails that show them the best styles coming out of your salon. They provide great inspiration, plus are easy to open and read over.
- When the emails inspire your customers, they inspire them to upgrade to colors and other treatments, and for people who don’t have an upcoming booking, they’re inspired to make a booking!
- The emails are really easy to create, Postie does all the hard work, you just jump in, reorder the images, fix up a caption here and there, and you’re done. The average edit time is less than 10 minutes.
We’ve got salons all over the world using Ampjar and the feedback is consistent; “It’s really easy to do, and my customers are always replying to our campaigns or showing images from our campaigns on their phones, asking me to recreate something for them.”
If you want to get value from email marketing, we’re here to help you get started.